Banqsoft API Developers: Meet Them On Their Doorstep
API Developers reach Milestones for Banqsoft's Procasso Debt Collection solution and its municipal customers, despite WFH requirements during 2021. Read on to learn more.
- "In just a few weeks, our Visma API based integration will be ready," Senior Developer at Banqsoft Credit Management, Wojciech Słupski, tells us. He and his wife Anna, also a Banqsoft employee, moved to Sandefjord, Norway a couple of years ago.
How do we set up a physical meeting these days? On their doorstep to the home office, equipped with a telephoto lens.
When the Visma integration is ready, Banqsoft has reached an important milestone for the upgrade of the Procasso debt collection system for its municipal customers. The ERP and Procasso will have seamless transactions from cloud to cloud.
- "It has been a very exciting project for us," Wojciech says. "We go from stationary to container based solutions. Still, with our experience, the learning curve has been steep. Shifting our mindsets has been necessary to deliver the solution."
– "Thanks to our new architecture I am sure that we can deliver anything that our customers need," Wojciech continues. "Development of the Visma integration allowed us to create a framework of common architectural solutions (security, configuration, execution, logging etc). This will help us deliver future integrations faster without sacrificing quality."
Two major systems to seamlessly connect and enable transactions
Product Manager Yngve Fjermestad is happy to share that the integration between Visma and the debt collection system Procasso is close to the finish line. He admits that the team has met a couple of obstacles, though, since both systems parallelly have been in a developing stage.
– "We have had functions ready in one, but not ready in the other," he says, where he stands in the entrance to his house in Larvik. "So, getting the two to communicate via an API taken right out of the box has led to some adaptions. But absolutely least in the API," he says.
Yngve, being Product Owner for the Connect service area, he has re-allocated a sufficient number of developers over to the Visma integration team. This has had an immediate effect and the integration is soon to be finalized.
Sustainable source-code and one standard
– "We focus on delivering high-quality solutions both in operation and source-code sustainability. We achieve this by adapting test-driven approach and automation of delivery processes," System Architect Peter Salomonsen says. "The strategy is to develop one standard for all integrations, if possible."
– "Now we have one standard for the systems' interactions," Peter continues, standing on his doorstep of his home just outside downtown Sandefjord.
– "This is imperative for future upgrades and the development of new integrations. Two of the most important systems for municipal debt collection are close to enable seamless integration across a variety of cloud solutions, and we have developed a standard which is the one for the future," he concludes.
"Two of the most important systems for municipal debt collection are close to enable seamless integration across a variety of cloud solutions, and we have developed a standard which is the one for the future."
Latest News & Insights
Trusted technology: Banqsoft’s vital role in Norway’s welfare transactions
December 15 2023
For almost 20 years Banqsoft has been developing and maintaining two of Norway’s key systems for managing welfare payments. The cooperation is built on a legacy of trust and flawless execution.
Banqsoft welcomes Camilla Sorknes as leader for Digital Banking and Credit Management
October 17 2023
Banqsoft continues its growth journey and announces the merger of the business areas for Digital Banking and Credit Management into the newly formed business area. We are pleased to welcome Mrs Camilla Sorknes as leader for this business area.